Saturday, February 2, 2013

Planning a Trip to The Motherland

I am excited y'all! I am planing a big trip for myself this year. I am planing to travel to Africa for vacation. As of now I plan to travel to Ghana and Ethiopia. I do have a dilemma though I only have about 10 to 12 days max so I know I can't do both countries justice as far as experiencing what they have to offer. So take a look at my plans below and if you have traveled to either one of these places or if you are from either place please leave some comments or Email Me and give my your advice!


Ghana:



Ghana Info



I plan to fly into Accra and spend three or four days there.  Of course I will visit the slave castles on the coast .

Elmina

Definitely plan on experiencing the open markets in Accra.



Looking forward to the food which I heard is amazing.





I would also like to visit the Mole National Park, This is where I have the dilemma  I am not sure I will have time to travel to that part of the country and then travel back to Accra and catch a flight to Addis Ababa.

Photo 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_National_Park


Ethiopia:



Ethiopia Info

My plan is to fly from Accra to Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
      


 There is so much ancient history in this country I want to see it all. So my plan is to spend a couple of days in Addis and then hopefully purchase a guided tour of Axum the holiest city in Ethiopia. Legend has it that the Ark of the Covenant is stored in this church. I checked and I think the best way to get to Axum is to take a flight from Addis, as much as I would love to travel over land I just won't have the time.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Our_Lady_Mary_of_Zion

http://wikitravel.org/en/Aksum



Well like I said I am still planning and it looks like I will be traveling in early May or June. More to follow folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment